GENERAL PROGAM QUESTIONS
What do Camp directors look for in a prospective counselor?
- Applicants expressing experience working with children
- Flexibility in both dates and activities applicant is willing to teach
- Detailed description in the applicant's skills and experience
- Applications with appropriate spelling, grammar, and overall written English
Where can i go to find out information regarding ciee insurance?
when will ciee begin issuing ds-2019 forms?
CIEE begins issuing DS-2019 forms in January
When is the placement season?
Camps hire between September and June, with the peak of the season being between January and May. Many camps hear back from their returners on January 1, so by then their list of needs for the summer should be finalized. However, some camps prefer to complete their hiring before January 1.
what are allowed program dates
U.S. Department of State assigned May 15 through September 20 as designated Camp Counselor program dates.
participant who has been on a program before but now is going to a different camp - Returner or Direct placement/basic package?
This participant will be considered a Direct Placement (or Basic Package participant) for the pricing profile purposes, but a returner for the program purposes. So if they decide to return to their new camp next summer they will be a multi-year returner, even though they will be going to this camp only for the second time.
DO COUNSELORS RECEIVE ADDITIONAL POCKET MONEY FOR SPECIAL NEEDS CAMP PLACEMENTS?
CIEE supports all camp program types and placement experiences. As of September 1, 2021 CIEE does not require camps to pay $100 in additional pocket money for placements at special needs camps. Counselors can always negotiate with camps additional pocket money during the interview based on their experience and skills.
Does CIEE Work with this camp?
If your participants have a direct placement at a specific camp:
- Refer to the Active Camp List in the Training Materials section to check if CIEE has an existing relationship with this camp and if they have committed to work with CIEE for the current season.
- If this is a new camp, share the Direct Placement Process Overview with the candidate to pass on to their camp director. Camps will need to create a host profile in Beacon and sign a Camp Agreement for the current season to get started.
how do my participants receive a confirmation of insurance
Once a placement is finalized, DS-2019 is issued and a participant is in "SEVIS Initial" status, they are able to see "Print Confirmation of Insurance" button in their Beacon Application.
what product do I choose for my rollover candidates from previous seasons
applicant's personal information section is yellow even though all details are filled in
Unfortunately, there is a current system glitch that we are working to address. It is caused by participant selecting Yes to a dietary restrictions section. Workaround instructions until the system error is resolved.
- Open Health Information Section in the participant's Beacon application.
- Choose NO in the dietary restrictions section.
- Go to the Personal information section and change anything in this section (e.g. year of birth) and save
- Personal section should go green (If not try this again in a different browser or clearing your cache)
- Go back and update the personal info you adjusted and the dietary restrictions.